What is XL Search?
XL Search is a search engine, invented by known Bill Kendrick, which lets you find any files
(programs, games, images, documents etc,) at FTP sites, and download them in fast and handy way.
If you've got any Atari 8-bit computer, or emulator, you will be happy with XL Search.
Original site may be found here.
Some useful tips:
When entering search keywords, it may be more useful to type some descriptive words rather than filenames,
just in case the filename is slightly different than what you're expecting.
- List more words in the search form to narrow the results.
- Add a "+" before a word to require it. ie, "+.dcm"
- Add a "-" before a word to exclude it. ie, "-game"
- Put a "+" between words to stick them together. ie, "pac+man"
- Or put quotes around words to stick them together. ie, ""video game""
- Matches are case-insensitive.
- Asterisks ("*") are ignored.
XL Search via e-mail
To be more useful, XL Search has a possibility to be accessed via e-mail.
For details, send a blank e-mail to:
XL Search is invented and developed by Bill Kendrick, with help of New Bread Software.
We, the atari8.info team, want to fully respect
Bill Kendrick for his contribution in the Atari 8-bit scene. We also thank him for
a permission to put search form in our site.